Thanks Tim. You're right - I've just heard from Sennheiser. It's a shame - they're great on the computer and with my voice recorder etc. Sennheiser have recommended the HMD 280 dnamic mike or HME 26 + cableX3k1-p48 (phantom powered), both quite expensive. Do you know either of them or any other which will give broadcast or near broadcast quality for radio work using a mixer?
Happy to hear from anyone on this.
Thanks again.
Gordon

-----Original Message----- From: tim cumings
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 3:00 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Sennheiser PC 160 Microphone headset

They won't work directly into your mixer. They're designed to plug either into a recorder or directly into a computer sound card. On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 02:59:16 +0100, G. McFarlane
wrote:


Hi
I recently purchased  a pair of these Sennheisser PC160 microphone headsets
when I heard a podcast on them from someone I think on this list. They sound
great when I plug them into my Olympus DM5 and the mike works well. However
when I plug the mike into my mixer I get absolutely nothing. I have converters from 3.5 to the quarto jack, this does not work either. As they’re going into
the line in socket, I then tried an industry standard mike preamp, still
nothing, just hiss. The signal isn’t getting through although adding my Dm5 into the mix by plugging the mike into it first andd then routing it through
the mike preamp into the mixer and it does work.
Ideally I wish to use both headset mikes to record interviews through my mixer to the computer. I should also say I’ve tried a number of converters from 3.5
to quarto jack, mono and stereo.
Has anyone any suggestions as to how I can get a signal into my mixer. Perhaps you know of a particular converter/adaptor which will allow the mike’s great
signal to hit the mixer.
Thanks.
Gordon McFarlane
To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[email protected]






To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[email protected]

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[email protected]

Reply via email to