the sound card is the hardware. the software is  the drivers.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Morey Worthington" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Pc-audio" <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 9:53 PM
Subject: Definitions and Hardware


Hello all,
And you think you have heard them all.
Maybe I an not using the gray matter under my almost white hair enough, but
here goes.
Looking at the back of the computer, the line of adapter holes, meaning
speaker, microphone, line, etc., is this what is called a sound card?
I am using Sound Blaster Live as my audio program. If I unloaded Live, and
wanted to put another audio program, lets say Turtle Beach, would I have to
a new adapter piece in the back of the computer also, or does the hardware
piece stay the same?
Is that hardware piece called the sound card?
If not, what is it called.
I know this a real dumb question on my part, and I am sorry for that. Where
might a person get a list of proper terminology for such things as this?
Please answer off-list so as to not have too many listers just shaking their
heads.
Thanks,
Morey


_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we 
offer, visit us on the web at http://www.MosenExplosion.com


_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we offer, 
visit us on the web at http://www.MosenExplosion.com

Reply via email to