At 12:00am -0700 00-05-27, Palm Developer Forum digest wrote:
>Subject: Bug in TxtGlue* routines in SDK-3.5
>From: "Andrej Borsenkow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 21:26:12 +0400
>X-Message-Number: 34
>
>This was tested with SDK-3.5 and PRC Tools 2.0 downloaded today from
>Palm website. I have Cygwin net release 1.1.1 if it matters.
>
>It looks, like Text Manager routines from glue library are hardcoded for
>european character set. I use the english Palm with russification
>package (PaPiRus). Now, what happens, is
>
>- when I call TxtTransliterate(), string is correctly translated from
>lower to upper and vice versa
>- when I replace it with TxtGlueTransliterate(), string is translated
>incorrectly
>- string is translated incorrectly, if I use TxtGlueUpperStr(),
>TxtGlueLowerStr() (these were I tested - I presume, *Chr() should have
>the same problem).
>
>So, currently, there are two possibilities:
>
>1. glue library completely ignores system international manager and is
>using hardcoded routines
>
>2. glue library looks at the value of current encoding first and if it
>is "known" encoding, is using hardcoded tables for optimisation. Because
>PaPiRus still returns enoding number 3 (charEncodingPalmLatin), it may
>cause the above problem.
>
>The case 1. is obviously clear bug. The case 2. is arguably the problem
>of PaPiRus - while I still believe, that if international manager is
>installed, glue library MUST use routines provided and not it's own.
TxtGlueTransliterate will call through to TxtTransliterate on
versions of Palm OS >= 3.1. If the version of Palm OS is earlier than
3.1, the Text Mgr doesn't exist, and thus the routine will assume the
device's character encoding is Latin.
This works properly with the CodeWarrior version of PalmOSGlue.lib. I
haven't personally tested the GCC version...my current best guess is
that it has a bug where it always assumes that the IntlDispatch trap
doesn't exist.
Let me know the version of Palm OS you're testing under, and also any
information (date/file size) of the Palm OS Glue library that you're
linking against.
Thanks,
-- Ken
Ken Krugler
TransPac Software, Inc.
<http://www.transpac.com>
+1 530-470-9200
--
For information on using the Palm Developer Forums, or to unsubscribe, please see
http://www.palmos.com/dev/tech/support/forums/