Hi Poe,
Hi, all,

I have just installed OTRS 2.2.6 and did some configurations/customization with it.

Few issues/questions I have with OTRS:

-How to create customer automatically through the email ticket?

When you are creating a ticket manually, you can click the link customer in the new ticket (Phone/Email) screen. You will then receive a pop up, which is basically the admin section for the customer, after adding the new customer, you can then use the newly created customer data immediately in your new ticket.
I've searched the mail archive and the closest one I can found is: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg03045.html

And it seems the function isn't implemented in 2.2 yet since when I click on "Zoom" (not AgentZoom....) it doesn't give you the option. And if I click on "Customer", it only sets the ticket's customer's ID, not adding a new customer into the database. Any ways to automatically extract the information of the email ticket and create the customer in the database?

This is not available at this time.
-Address book contains only customer's info?
It looks like the address book doesn't contain any agents' info. How can I CC/BCC info to a particular agent using address book?

You can either add a second customer backend source which includes your system_user table as a reference. Search in the Defaults.pm for

   # CustomerUser
   # (customer user database backend and settings)
   $Self->{CustomerUser} = {
       Name   => 'Database Backend',
       Module => 'Kernel::System::CustomerUser::DB',
       Params => {
           # if you want to use an external database, add the
           # required settings
#            DSN => 'DBI:odbc:yourdsn',
#            DSN => 'DBI:mysql:database=customerdb;host=customerdbhost',
#            User => '',
#            Password => '',
           Table => 'customer_user',
[..]
Copy this all the way to [...]
       # default selections
       Selections => {

#            UserSalutation => {
#                'Mr.' => 'Mr.',
#                'Mrs.' => 'Mrs.',
#            },
       },
   };




   $Self->{CustomerUser} = {

this entry must be incrementally set so

   $Self->{CustomerUser1} = {
[..]

then
   $Self->{CustomerUser2} = {

Then you set the connection settings to use your system_user table to reference 
your agents. They will then appear in the address book :)


-Any detail documentations about GenericAgent/SysConfig configuration and OTRS variables? Where to find more documentations?

http://doc.otrs.org/
Is there any more documentations about GenericAgent/SysConfig? Specially SysConfig, it looks like you can customize your OTRS install pretty easily through it, no need to modify the source code. Also, a lot of OTRS related variables are in SysConfig (like OTRS_USERLOGIN/OTRS_USERFIRSTNAME, etc), where I can find a complete list of all the OTRS predefined variables?
Variables used, depends on where you want to use them in the system. Please have a look http://dev.otrs.org/


--
Shawn Beasley
((otrs)) :: OTRS AG :: Norsk-Data-Straße 1 :: 61352 Bad Homburg
   Fon: +49 (0) 9421 56818 0 :: Fax: +49 (0) 9421 56818 18
     http://www.otrs.com/ :: Communication with success!


Geschäftssitz: Bad Homburg
Amtsgericht Bad Homburg, HRB 10751
Steuernummer: 003/240/97521

Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Burchard Steinbild
Vorstandsvorsitzender: André Mindermann


Attachment: signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

_______________________________________________
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs
Support or consulting for your OTRS system?
=> http://www.otrs.com/

Reply via email to