On 20/11/2020 4:38 am, Till Wegmueller wrote:
Hey Harry

That sounds like a version mismatch between guest tools and Host
Virtualbox. Can you make sure the guest has only the pkg provided
virtualbox extensions installed? And not the ones via ISO.

It's not, the problems are with the VirtualBox GUI, what happens inside the (I hate trying to work out how to describe GUI parts!) OS screen, is a symptom.

I run a bunch of virtual servers in VirtualBox, the current GUI is misbehaving as Harry describes, but it's workable, and I'm not affected by the garbled text in the client screen, because I just SSH into them anyway. None of my guests have the guest tools installed at all, because I'm not using the GUI I never bothered. I don't think it works on NetBSD 5 guests anyway :)

I think Aurelian suggested it might be a mismatch with versions of some GUI toolkit that VB uses vs OI?

I can't post an image to the list, AFAIK, to illustrate - which would make it a lot easier to describe!

_______________________________________________
openindiana-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss

Reply via email to