Hi People,

same issue, but with the latest versions of both OpenIndiana and FreeNAS ...

new hardware, on both counts:

Dec 10 16:03:19 ascamrouter automountd[978]: [ID 784820 daemon.error]
server ascamnfs01 not responding

I can mount the filesystem manually, I can mount on Solaris 10, but I can't
use autofs.

It doesn't appear to be any different if I'm using LDAP or not (I turned
off LDAP for testing) ...

does anyone have any idea where to start looking?

Jon

On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 at 11:14, Jonathan Adams <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi, thanks for keeping on trying ...
>
> I was optimistic, till I discovered that our Infrastructure guy had put
> comments on almost all the shares.
>
> Just for giggles I've added the snoop output from failed (snoopy.out) and
> working (snoopy2.out) in case that helps anyone.
>
> Jon
>
> On 20 February 2015 at 19:14, Till Wegmüller <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Hmm ok i've run out of ideas.
>>
>> It looks like a bug or a problematic Setting in FreeNAS.
>> My Automount Works and can mount shares very reliably with /dev and
>> /Hipster
>> (newest 2015)
>> Yours seems to work as well, atleast with solaris.
>>
>> Just for fun I had a little look around google to see if there are some
>> fun
>> FreeNAS Bugs. Was not disapointed http://vtricks.com/?p=2031
>> It Looks like FreeNas wants its shares to be commented :)
>>
>> Greetings Till
>>
>>
>> On Friday 20 February 2015 16.15:05 Jonathan Adams wrote:
>> > On 20 February 2015 at 15:56, Till Wegmüller <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>> > > no problem :)
>> > >
>> > > ...
>> > >
>> > > The No such file or directory Error Happens when automount can't find
>> a
>> > > directory on the Server and thus does not create and mount the
>> Directory.
>> >
>> > jadams@jadlaptop:~$ dfshares mansalnfs01
>> > RESOURCE                                  SERVER ACCESS    TRANSPORT
>> > mansalnfs01:/mnt/datapool             mansalnfs01  -         -
>> > mansalnfs01:/mnt/datapool/accounts    mansalnfs01  -         -
>> > mansalnfs01:/mnt/datapool/analysts    mansalnfs01  -         -
>> > mansalnfs01:/mnt/datapool/inorganics  mansalnfs01  -         -
>> > mansalnfs01:/mnt/datapool/organics    mansalnfs01  -         -
>> > mansalnfs01:/mnt/datapool/technician  mansalnfs01  -         -
>> > mansalnfs01:/mnt/datapool1/PM         mansalnfs01  -         -
>> > mansalnfs01:/mnt/datapool1/bdm        mansalnfs01  -         -
>> > mansalnfs01:/mnt/datapool1/quality    mansalnfs01  -         -
>> > mansalnfs01:/mnt/datapool1/reception  mansalnfs01  -         -
>> > mansalnfs01:/mnt/datapool2/IT         mansalnfs01  -         -
>> > mansalnfs01:/mnt/datapool2/air        mansalnfs01  -         -
>> > mansalnfs01:/mnt/datapool2/health     mansalnfs01  -         -
>> > mansalnfs01:/mnt/datapool2/metals     mansalnfs01  -         -
>> > mansalnfs01:/mnt/datapool2/sr         mansalnfs01  -         -
>> >
>> > in this case all the directories I'm trying to access are on
>> datapool2/IT
>> > ... it's a ZFS share.
>> >
>> > > My Question is from where does the truss output of the successful
>> > > automount come from?
>> >
>> > root@jadlaptop:~# ps -ef | grep automount
>> >     root  3599  3597   0 10:00:09 ?           0:00
>> > /usr/lib/autofs/automountd
>> >     root  3597     1   0 10:00:09 ?           0:00
>> > /usr/lib/autofs/automountd
>> >     root  4441  4387   0 16:14:15 pts/16      0:00 grep automount
>> > root@jadlaptop:~# truss -f -p 3599
>> >
>> > Is it from the same Computer as the failed one? Also are you running
>> >
>> > > /hipster or /dev on this Computer?
>> >
>> > Hipster last updated  2015-01-15 (problems with Intel driver if I
>> update at
>> > the moment)
>> >
>> > > Other Tests you could do.
>> > > What happens if you manually create the home?
>> >
>> > ?
>> >
>> > What happens if you replace the * and & in auto_home with some real
>> >
>> > > usernames?
>> >
>> > no difference.
>> >
>> > > What gets logged in syslog when Automount gets its config from LDAP?
>> >
>> > nothing.
>> >
>> > As I said, I can still access all the LDAP automounted shares from the
>> > Solaris 10 servers, and the Solaris 10 machines can access all the
>> shares
>> > automounted from the FreeNAS box
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > openindiana-discuss mailing list
>> > [email protected]
>> > http://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> openindiana-discuss mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss
>>
>
>
_______________________________________________
openindiana-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss

Reply via email to