On 08/09/2017 23:41, PÁSZTOR György wrote:
Hi,
"Udo Grabowski (IMK)" <[email protected]> írta 2017-09-08 17:39-kor:
On 08/09/2017 17:33, Apostolos Syropoulos via openindiana-discuss wrote:
I should mind my p's and s's. Thanks, Andrew; you're right. I was
thinking of s2, not p2.
So what I did what correct, right? I have mounted both partitions and the
dataare there and I can read and write.
No. Your boot slice #8 is overlapped by s2. It is not
recommended to use s2 for anything.
Configure s0 instead with tag root, and use only the region
above the boot slice (that is, from cylinder 1 upwards).
I don't think he configured any slice by hand. It was zpool what prepared
the whole stuff.
And there is NO overlap here. As it was already told: s2 (NOT p2) means the
whole "drive"/ "partition". Depends on the case.
Everything is right. No need to scare him away.
No, s2 has been actively configured to be used as a zpool slice,
zfs tools don't do that. Therefore, the next one that will touch
slice s8 will destroy the data on "slice" s2 (the problem is just
the other way round than you think). Therefore, by convention don't
use s2 actively, any other activity on s<n> (<n>/=2) will destroy
data.
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski Inst.f.Meteorology a.Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
http://www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php
KIT - Karlsruhe Institute of Technology http://www.kit.edu
Postfach 3640,76021 Karlsruhe,Germany T:(+49)721 608-26026 F:-926026
_______________________________________________
openindiana-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss