on some of our old Solaris 10 boxes, with more limited memory we added a line to /etc/system to limit the size of the zfs arc memory.
set zfs:zfs_arc_max = 0x40000000 I don't know if it might be worth you using something similar on your limited memory system Jon On 21 February 2014 19:29, Jacek Kotlarski <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi. > > I installed OpenSolaris snv_134 on my old laptop Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo > L7300 (single-core Celeron processor, 768 MB RAM). Only the text > environment for testing pkgsrc. > After upgrading to the current OpenIndiana, the system hangs during > intensive use disk, for example: > > $ pfexec pkg unset-publisher opensolaris.org > > or > > $ dd if=/dev/zero of=file.out bs=1M count=1000 > > > I think that perhaps the default settings ZFS require more memory ... How > can I check this error? And how do I tune it? > > -- > Regards > Jacek Kotlarski > > > _______________________________________________ > OpenIndiana-discuss mailing list > [email protected] > http://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss > > _______________________________________________ OpenIndiana-discuss mailing list [email protected] http://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss
