thanks ; )

I'll see if I can get it, but I don't have an amazon account right now.

Could you comment on how documentation is generally available?
Is it soley in oracle blogs ? Do most people use the mailing list? Is it ok to 
generally use this list for what basically amounts to 'stupid beginner 
questions'?

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/documentation/solaris-10-192992.html
I was hoping this would be 'comprehensive enough'

Also the wiki says sun studio x86 for open_indiana is not 'publicly available', 
but I was able to find it on the oracle site. Is it still actively maintained 
or is the oi community attitude generally 'default to the oracle site' ?

> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 01:21:51 +0000
> Subject: [OpenIndiana-discuss]  i find the oi wiki lacking; is there a 
> handbook?
> 
> Hi Tyrrell,
> 
> one of the best handbooks I've ever found is 
> http://www.amazon.com/OpenSolaris-Bible-Nicholas-A-Solter/dp/0470385480 . 
> .Regarding virtualization, there is the container guide 
> (https://blogs.oracle.com/solarium/entry/new_version_container_guide_3)  
> Apart from that, OI is (still) nearly identical to Solaris, so it is an ideal 
> playground if you need to migrate.. And so there is this list which has quite 
> a few extremely helpful and friendly subscribers. ;-)
> 
> Cheers
>  Stefan
> 
> ________________________________
> Acando GmbH, Millerntorplatz 1, 20359 Hamburg, Germany | Geschäftsführer: 
> Guido Ahle | Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 76048 | Ust.Ident-Nr.:DE208833022
> _______________________________________________
> OpenIndiana-discuss mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss
                                          
_______________________________________________
OpenIndiana-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss

Reply via email to