Hi all,

We recently migrated from Evergreen 2.3.2 to 2.5.1, and I am having trouble 
separating out Circulation Limit Sets. In 2.3.2 I had Circulation Limit Sets 
set up for the majority of our items (books, etc.) at 999 (unlimited). I have 
Circulation Limit Sets for our DVDs and Magazines (5 items at a time). This 
should be 5 dvd's and 5 magazines max. However, for some reason the system is 
seeing them as the same type item (even though I edited the Circulation Limit 
Sets to include the correct circulation modifiers and broke up the original set 
"DVD, Magazine" into two separate sets). So if a patron has 5 magazines out 
they aren't able to check out even one DVD. We also have several other item 
types that are limited because of their type, and I want the system to be able 
to distinguish that a patron can have one item of AV equipment and one of our 
reusable carry bags checked out at the same time - but not two carry bags.

I am also not really clear on the impact of circulation limit groups on these 
policies. Are "sets" specific to items and "groups" specific to people?

I do not know for a fact that this was working in 2.3.2, as it is rare that 
this situation arises, but since I discovered it tonight I have had no success 
in clearing it up. Any advice?

Thanks!

Deana

Deana Cunningham
Branch Manager, South Branch Library
1550 S. Campus Dr.
Creedmoor, NC 27522
Phone: (919) 528-1752
Fax: (919) 528-1376
[email protected]

Reply via email to