Hi all,

I asked this question in IRC a couple of weeks ago, but didn't get an answer so I'll try here.

We're hoping to set up circ policies that use available copy/hold ratios to block renewals if there are no copies available to fill existing holds on a record. The policies seem to work well and have been blocking the renewals when I expect the renewals to be blocked. However, the one problem I see is with the error message that the user receives.

If a user tries to renew an item through the catalog and the renewal fails due to the available copy/hold ratios, the message they receive is config.circ_matrix_test.a​vailable_copy_hold_ratio, which is meaningless to the user.

With other renewal failures, I see that the messages can be customized by editing ils_events.xml. However, config.circ_matrix_test.available_copy_hold_ratio is not one of the error messages available in that file.

Is this something that could easily be added to ils_events.xml? I'm not quite sure where the event codes in that file come from. If not, is there another way I can customize this message?

Thanks!
Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator
Massachusetts Library Network Cooperative
(508) 343-0128
[email protected]
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kmlussier

Reply via email to