Rogan, I was looking around and took another look at CustomInk because of the comments about bulk buying. As I was looking, I found that they have actually set something up specifically for fundraising. It made me think that we may consider doing a monthly t-shirt design for continued fundraising. I know this has little to do with the conference or a dedicated online store (although I'm sure it could be integrated), but it might be fun and interesting to do some one off, limited edition t-shirt designs similar to TeeFury or TeeVolt. Just an idea. This might also be a way to get more of the IRC quotes out there.
On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Rogan Hamby <[email protected]>wrote: > Only once please! LOL, but I echo many of your feelings. I actually am > looking forward to buying Evergreen shirts for staff and will be looking to > address some of the comments that folks have given us in the survey soon. > > Bulk buying - options to allow libraries or friends groups to do bulk > purchases is something I really want to do. That will be a factor in > looking at store front options. We also definitely want multiple styles. > I'll use t-shirts as an example, we don't just want one t-shirt design, > but will probably end up with multiple designs (say one with just the logo, > one with an IRC quote, one with this or that) and then we want different > styles (such as men's and women's). What we do for those will also go out > as surveys to get feedback and be accompanied by graphics. And it won't > just be with t-shirts but different styles of stickers and cases and all > that. I've gotten great feedback in the survey and some useful comments > from folks outside the survey who have some swag experience, which is > great! > > Oh, and someone was concerned about cases just being for Apple products. > No way! Now, can we support every possible smart phone - a lot of that > will depend on the store front and what devices they support but there are > certainly some very popular Android devices that would have to be > supported. When the time comes we'll see what we can do. We may even have > some Windows Phone or Blackberry supporters in the mix. > > > On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM, [email protected] < > [email protected]> wrote: > >> ** >> Hi Rogan, >> >> I know the survey is anonymous and I'm probably going to screw up your >> results by posting publicly, but I just cannot help it! Your survey about >> Evergreen swag, i.e. T-Shirts and golf club cozys with the Evergreen-ILS >> logo on them got me all excited! I had this vision in my head of being >> able to go into my Local library and buy my "I love My Evergreen Library" >> T-shirt from my local librarian. As I walk out with books and DVD's in >> tow, I'm wearing my souvenir which helped my local library, my favorite >> open source project, AND raised my awareness, as a patron, of what that >> Evergreen-ILS catalog doo-hickey on the counter has under it's hood! >> >> WOOF! So, if we filled out the survey once, can we do it again?! >> >> Thanks, >> Steve Wills >> >> On August 23, 2013 at 10:23 AM Rogan Hamby <[email protected]> >> wrote: >> >> This is a repost of my posting on Monday to solicit feedback for the >> survey. This is the last time I'm going to post it and I will close it >> Monday so I'm soliciting one last time before I close this. >> >> ------------------------ >> >> The governance board has been exploring the possibility of having an >> Evergreen storefront at a service like Cafe Press or Zazzle. This is still >> in the exploratory phase but the goal is to not have an overhead and use a >> service that essentially runs on it own. We would like to allow community >> members to get Evergreen gear they would like (I personally am leaning >> towards a lap top skin) and maybe generate some funds that would go into >> the coffers for projects above and beyond setting up the conference each >> year. It's probably just human nature but it's far easier to come up with >> ways to spend money than generate it. >> >> Working towards this goal we need to make sure that these efforts >> reflect community interest. >> >> I have created a short survey that I would appreciate folks filling >> out: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YZQDTTW >> >> If there are interests in some of the product categories like clothing >> or phone cases I will do follow surveys later that go into a lot more >> detail but I wanted to keep this one short and easy to answer. >> >> Thanks! >> >> -- >> >> Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA >> Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services, >> York County Library System >> >> "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to >> suit me." >> -- C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis> >> >> >> >> http://tinyurl.com/q2p9k >> > > > > -- > > Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA > Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services, > York County Library System > > "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit > me." > -- C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis> > -- Ruth Frasur Director of the Historic(ally Awesome) Hagerstown - Jefferson Township Library 10 W. College Street in Hagerstown, Indiana (47346) p (765) 489-5632; f (765) 489-5808 Our Kickin' Website <http://hagerstownlibrary.org> Our Rockin' Facebook Page <http://facebook.com/hjtplibrary> and Stuff I'm Reading<http://pinterest.com/hjtplibrary/ruth-reads/>
