Good.  I was a bit confused by what they might consider “front Line” staff.
Laurie

From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Kathy 
Lussier
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 12:19 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Shelving location searches in upcoming releases

Hi all!

Code was added to Launchpad earlier this week to support copy location limiting 
in the catalog - https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1084732

It is currently being tested, but I think the goal is to get it into 2.5.

Kathy


Kathy Lussier

Project Coordinator

Massachusetts Library Network Cooperative

(508) 343-0128

[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kmlussier
On 8/15/2013 12:16 PM, Laurie Love wrote:
I totally agree with Ms. Paulk.  Shelving locations are a necessity!
Laurie Love
Circ Mgr.
Wilkes County Public Library

From: 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
 [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of J. 
Paulk
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 12:05 PM
To: 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Shelving location searches in upcoming releases

I have heard that the staff client search screens are going away / no longer 
being developed and that collective energies are being put into developing the 
public side search access.  Please, please, please to any developers and 
designers out there.   We CONSTANTLY use the search limit of shelving location 
as a way of fine tuning searches.  This is also critical for retrieving 
statistical information.    Can ya'll PLEASE include shelving location as a 
filter in whatever searching models are used or being thought about.

would be much appreciated.

J. Sara Paulk, Regional Director
Wythe-Grayson Regional Library

Reply via email to