nfsantos commented on PR #3151:
URL: https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/pull/3151#issuecomment-5834075442

   @jsedding I have corrected the claims in the Jira ticket and updated the 
license header of the new files to match the recommended text. 
   
   I have also revised the claim about memory savings. When I tested this 
improvement on our internal Oak fork, I saw that the number of UUIDs in the 
heap was halved, but maybe at the time our fork was still based on an upstream 
version before OAK-12070, where you eliminated the duplication.
   
   I filed OAK-12420 with your suggestion to eliminate caching the UUIDs in 
`TarReader#segmentUUIDs`. I will likely implement it first in our Oak fork and 
then contribute upstream. But let me know if you prefer to work on this 
improvement yourself.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to