Sorry, I moved the galley and the link didn't come along.

 

Here is:  https://rbc-pix.smugmug.com/Nature/Nature-Images/Odd-Gull-Nelson 

 

From: [email protected]
<[email protected]> On Behalf Of [email protected]
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2021 10:06 AM
To: 'nysbirds-l' <[email protected]>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Odd gull

 

Emily and I had an odd, large gull at Pier 4 (Ferry pier) in Brooklyn
yesterday afternoon.

 

A noticeably large gull, white-winged lineage, but unusual level and
arrangement of darkish tones on primaries. Got a few grab shots before it
left the area.

 

I'm a little rusty on my larids (and have looked at way too many early cycle
gull variations this winter to be sure of anything anymore), but is this a
Nelson Gull (Herring x Glaucous hybrid)? Didn't look right for Kumlien's but
others may diosagree.

 

Rick Cech

 

https://rbc-pix.smugmug.com/Odd-Gull-Nelson 

 

Web site on Nelson:

http://larusology.blogspot.com/2009/11/nelsons-gull.html 

 

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm> Welcome and Basics 

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm> Rules and Information 

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm>
Subscribe, Configuration and Leave

Archives:

The Mail Archive
<http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html> 

 <http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L> Surfbirds

 <http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01> ABA

Please submit your observations to  <http://ebird.org/content/ebird/> eBird!

--


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to