Today (4-26) I had 23 Fox Sparrows at Forest Lawn - far and away the largest number of this species I've seen, although have been seeing many so far this spring. Also present in smaller numbers were White-throated, Chipping, Song and Field, and some other migrants.
https://ebird.org/checklist/S67855320 Yesterday (4-25) yielded an Eastern Kingbird at Tifft Nature Preserve. There was a good mix of migrants, although the only warbler species I encountered was Yellow-rumped. There were quite a few folks out, and some were not great about physical distancing. https://ebird.org/checklist/S67815909 I have also had the pleasure of a Fish Crow visiting my yard (4-18, 22 & 23). I have included some mediocre photos and audio for the most recent appearance. https://ebird.org/checklist/S67693823 Please be safe out there! Joe Fell Buffalo, NY [email protected] -- NYSbirds-L List Info: http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm ARCHIVES: 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html 2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L 3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01 Please submit your observations to eBird: http://ebird.org/content/ebird/ --
