This morning I took a crack at seeing what might be different with the Gull
flock at Brooklyn Bridge Park in the early AM hours.
Just after light, I picked out the continuing adult Black-headed Gull (BHGU).
Additionally, while sorting through the rest of the Gulls, I found 3 Iceland
Gulls (ICGU). One 1CY bird which is likely the one from the other day and two
adults. One of them was quite intriguing.
The interesting ICGU, had some black in the primaries and the cowl was somewhat
dark giving me a Thayerish vibe. I was able to get some poor digiscope shots
but the light was low and they are not of good quality. That gull was
eventually pushed off but I missed it as I had turned to sorting out the rest
of the flock. It is one to keep an eye out for.
While the morning sorting of the Gull roost was an interesting experiment; for
me, the afternoon into evening offered better lighting conditions for those of
you wondering.
Good Gulling!
--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick
Douglass
風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain
Sun Tzu The Art of War
> (\__/)
> (= '.'=)
> (") _ (")
> Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device!
Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com
--
NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm
ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01
Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
--