Went out today looking for these species and had some good luck. The female King Eider at Sterling Forest S.P. in Tuxedo is still there showing nicely at the south end of the lake, but better to bring scope if it's not in close. It's viewed from the road to the slightly to the left after turning onto the entrance road to the headquarters from Long Meadow Rd. People are not allowed to drive down this private road as it is marked, but you can park at the beginning on the left where the pull out is. Then walk along the road til you get to the first opening by the lake on the right and you're there. It was seen about half way out in the water. I also went to look for the Greater White-fronted Goose in Rye Brook and found it at the usual spot south of Bowman Ave. The Emperor Goose I seem to keep missing. I checked The Tarrytown Reservoirs, White PLains H.S., and the golf course east of Hathaway Lane in White Plains with no success. I'm starting to think it's a ghost. I did have two juvenile eagles, many Common Mergansers, and Buffleheads among others on the lakes at the different spots besides all the geese. Lastly I was alerted to a male Rose-breasted Grosbeak at a private residence in Mamaroneck that was around for 4 days until 2 days ago. Evidentily it's hasn't shown for the last two days. Oh well. Andrew Andrew v. F. Block Consulting Naturalist 20 Hancock Avenue, Apt. 3 Yonkers, Westchester Co., New York 10705-4629 www.flickr.com/photos/conuropsis/albums --
NYSbirds-L List Info: http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm ARCHIVES: 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html 2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L 3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01 Please submit your observations to eBird: http://ebird.org/content/ebird/ --
