I had crippling views of the continuing and very cooperative Northern Wheatear
at Heckscher State Park this AM.
The bird is comfortably feeding in the medians near the cottages. For those of
you not familiar with the área (I have had a few inquires), here are GPS
coordinates that will get you close to the área. 40.703919, -73.14928
Please be aware of construction taking place near the site as well as use
common sense sorting out parking.
As a side note, I returned to Queens to find my feeders attended by several
male Purple Finches. Perhaps, I’ll have my second record of Evening Grosbeaks
in my backyard soon enough...
Cheers,
--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick
Douglass
風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain
Sun Tzu The Art of War
> (\__/)
> (= '.'=)
> (") _ (")
> Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device!
Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com
--
NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm
ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01
Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
--