I had another good morning out in the yard today, with a nice diversity of migrants and of course, a lot of Blue Jays. Tuesday was a washout here, but yesterday I had 562 Blue Jays before the rain started around 9:30. This morning was rain-free. I was outside by sunrise (6:57) to mostly clear skies and 44 degrees F with light south winds. The first Blue Jay passed over at 7:10, and by the time I had to leave for a previously scheduled appointment in the late morning, I had totaled 2,725 Jays:
486 between 6:57 and 7:57 748 between 7:57 and 8:57 1172 between 8:57 and 9:57 319 between 9:57 and 10:27. There were plenty of other birds on the move today too. Here is a list of the birds that appeared to be migrating: Canada Goose - 233 Common Loon - 1 Sharp-shinned Hawk - 3 Cooper's Hawk - 1 Red-bellied Woodpecker - 5 Northern Flicker - 1 Blue-headed Vireo - 2 Red-eyed Vireo - 1 American Crow - 6 Common Raven - 2 Black-capped Chickadee - 71 Red-breasted Nuthatch - 4 White-breasted Nuthatch - 9 Brown Creeper - 2 Golden-crowned Kinglet - 2 Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 1 American Robin - 40 Cedar Waxwing - 8 American Goldfinch - 21 White-throated Sparrow - 1 Rusty Blackbird - 5 Magnolia Warbler - 8 Yellow-rumped Warbler - 6 Rose-breasted Grosbeak - 1 Mickey Scilingo Constantia, Oswego County [email protected] 315-679-6299 -- NYSbirds-L List Info: http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm ARCHIVES: 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html 2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L 3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01 Please submit your observations to eBird: http://ebird.org/content/ebird/ --
