First, many thanks to all of you who continue to post to the list serve. I finally got out to the East Pond at Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge this afternoon and enjoyed some of the recent good birds. Both Godwit species continue along with the Wilson’s Phalarope.
In addition, I also had a Long-billed Dowitcher (not sure if this was reported already). The bird was first detected north of “Dead Man’s Cove”, then south of the cove and again much later observed north of the cove with birder Peter Paul. Multiple White-rumped and Western Sandpipers continue. The latter numbers are up as expected. Still a good number of juvenile Semipalmated Sandpipers around. Several juvenile Stilt Sandpipers (13) along with a single Pectoral Sandpiper brought the total shorebird species count to 15. 14 Skimmers taking a bath on the pond was also notable. Late in the afternoon a mixed flock of Swallows, swarmed the pond. The light had then begun to fade so I could not spend enough time sorting through the lot as well as I would have liked. For those of you interested. Here is a link to a few phonescoped images of the Long-billed Dowitcher. https://twitter.com/birdingdude/status/1036772179273293826?s=21 “The America of John McCain has no need to be made great again because America was always great” ~ Meghan McCain -------- "I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick Douglass 風 Swift as the wind 林 Quiet as the forest 火 Conquer like the fire 山 Steady as the mountain Sun Tzu The Art of War > (\__/) > (= '.'=) > (") _ (") > Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device! Andrew Baksh www.birdingdude.blogspot.com -- NYSbirds-L List Info: http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm ARCHIVES: 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html 2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L 3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01 Please submit your observations to eBird: http://ebird.org/content/ebird/ --
