Hello Shai and everyone, Thanks so much for your detailed response Shai. I changed the listing to Common Tern and added one more picture with more of a side view, but unfortunately I wasn't able to get a flight shot or any shots with the wings spread open. I am curious if this bird will reach more of the classic breeding plumage that I am used to seeing or remain dark and how that might affect its ability to breed this year. I do also think the legs are a bit darker than the pictures let on. There was another interesting bird yesterday that was speculated to be an adult common tern showing retarded plumage, however it looked quite different than the one in my report and resembled more of a second summer tern. Thank you again for shedding some light on this Shai! Mike Z.
-- NYSbirds-L List Info: http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm ARCHIVES: 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html 2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L 3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01 Please submit your observations to eBird: http://ebird.org/content/ebird/ --
