This A.M., I started out a tad late to insure a leisurely ride east to be on time for a dental appointment in Jamesport. My travel time took another "hit" when I had to stop to verify that the Ross's Goose was back in the horse pasture on the s/s Middle Rd., between Northville Tpke & Ostrander Ave, Riverhead...it was ! After taking care of my teeth, I then took time to care for my psyche, and spent a few hours birding !
Blackbirds(mostly C.Grackles) were seen in modest numbers from Jamesport back to Riverhead, along with 7 Turkey Vultures, 1 N.Harrier, 1 adult N.Goshawk (Church La., Jamesport) 1 Red-tailed Hawk, and a flock of ~ 400 Canada Geese, behind the Wells Farm, n/s Sound Ave, J'port. In with this group were 2 Snow Geese, 1 adult & 1 juvenile. I also stopped at Mary Laura Lamont's "birdy" property in Northville, only to find no one home, but as usual, her feeders were busy, with 12 species (all, but 1, residents) feeding on black oil seed, thistle seed, cracked corn, and suet - it was good to see them again ! Cheers, Bob -- NYSbirds-L List Info: http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm ARCHIVES: 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html 2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L 3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01 Please submit your observations to eBird: http://ebird.org/content/ebird/ --
