I was always happy when Bobby showed up to bird with us on Thursdays at Hempstead Lake SP. He was generous in sharing all kinds of information about our natural world and always welcomed me and shared his expertise at the hawk watch as well. As a new birder, I never felt like I was bothering him to ask to follow along as he birded or for an explanation when he commented on something I did not understand. I will think of him often at Hempstead and the hawk watch platform. My condolences to his family and close friends.
Debbie Martin Rockville Centre, NY. -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Patricia Lindsay Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 11:46 PM To: NYS Birds <[email protected]> Subject: [nysbirds-l] Bob Kurtz, now passed Our dear friend Bobby Kurtz passed away today, after several months of illness. Bobby was an unforgettable birder, whose enthusiasm added excitement to our collective adventure of birds. Being with him was a natural part of decades of discovery for us. We learned a lot together, and enjoyed it all immensely. Details of arrangements will follow soon. Northwest winds are forecast tomorrow at the Fire Island hawkwatch, where Bobby sought them so often. Patricia Lindsay and Shai Mitra Bay Shore, NY -- NYSbirds-L List Info: http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm ARCHIVES: 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html 2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L 3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01 Please submit your observations to eBird: http://ebird.org/content/ebird/ -- --- This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus -- NYSbirds-L List Info: http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm ARCHIVES: 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html 2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L 3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01 Please submit your observations to eBird: http://ebird.org/content/ebird/ --
