Canvasback location: Cow Meadow Park, Freeport. Apologies for the omission. On Apr 23, 2017 7:46 PM, "Robert Berlingeri" <[email protected]> wrote:
> This is a copy of my ebird report from today's outing regarding this > unusual occurrence..... > > Very odd, and rare for this date. Other than 1 or 2 locations in > North Nassau, Canvasback is now uncommon to rare in Nassau County, > even in season. This individual apparently has been at this generally > underbirded location for at least 2 weeks, and may have wintered here. > Today, it was swimming in close company with a N. Shoveler pair on the > fresh water pond near the parking area. It's presence was brought to > my attention earlier in the week, so I gave it a go as the last stop > of the day. My first thought was that this may be an injured bird, > though after close examination I found this male to be in fine shape, > seemingly happy, robust and preening. At no time did I observe it > feeding. I'm curious to see how long this guy hangs around and if my > assumption is correct regarding its health. This species is regularly > missed on a number of our Marine Region CBC's in recent years, giving > this record even more of an interesting twist. > > Bobby Berlingeri > -- NYSbirds-L List Info: http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm ARCHIVES: 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html 2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L 3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01 Please submit your observations to eBird: http://ebird.org/content/ebird/ --
