Heading west, I had 2 Turkey Vultures circling over the LIE in Manorville.

After finding out I had to give half of what I get from Uncle Sam to Cousin
Mario, I decided to perk up by driving through the Calverton Grasslands on
the way home. As I entered the property from Grumman Blvd, a Blue-gray
Gnatcatcher flew by my windshield, and landed in a close tree - what a nice
way for nature to say "happy spring" !  I also saw two other species for
the first time this season, singles of Kestrel and E.Meadowlark.

After dinner, ~ 7:30 P.M., I meandered down to the "Roanoke Roosts" to see
if any  of the T.V. population were still lingering...and, happy to report,
they are !  The main group of 17 birds were still roosting in the 3 Spruce
Trees, on the w/s of Griffing Ave, just s/o Lincoln Ave, Riverhead. There
were also 2 birds lounging on the Roanoke Ave Elementary School's chimney.

Cheers,
Bob

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to