This morning, a 1Cy (calendar year) ICELAND GULL (Kumlieni) was observed at
Brooklyn Army Terminal Pier 4. At some point it flew north, and I relocated it
at Bush Terminal Piers Park.
While looking for the Iceland Gull I found a drake EURASIAN WIGEON. Which was
in the company of a hen and drake American Wigeon. The other highlight from
there was a Raven, a bird that I am seeing with some regularity in that
location.
In further evidence that Spring has Sprung, I observed multiple Cabbage Whites
feeding and fluttering about the vegetation plus several migrating Red Admirals.
"I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today." ~
William Allen White
--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick
Douglass
風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain
Sun Tzu The Art of War
> (__/)
> (= '.'=)
> (") _ (")
> Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device!
Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com
--
NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm
ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01
Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
--