Not the best day for Gulling with the high winds but it was fun. The
highlights were: 1st Cycle Iceland Gull @ Brooklyn Army Terminal Pier. Looks
like the one I reported back on 1-3. Also still present was the continuing
Appledore banded Herring Gull C47 (white on green).
At Gravesend Bay (Middle parking lot), I found another 1st Cycle Iceland Gull
amongst the few hundred Ring-billed Gulls (RBGUs) who I swear seemed amused at
my efforts battling the wind.
I closed out at Floyd Bennett Field checking on the RBGU roost. The tide was
not in my favor (low) but there were a few hundred loafing on the beach, which
I sifted through.
"Vive la réaistance"
--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick
Douglass
風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain
Sun Tzu The Art of War
> (__/)
> (= '.'=)
> (") _ (")
> Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device!
Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com
--
NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm
ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01
Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
--