Just located a Tufted Duck on Patchogue Lake. Currently trying to determine 
whether or not this is the Blue Point Avenue bird that I found on 12 Feb.

The proximity between both locations would favor the same individual but I'm 
getting the sense this may be a different bird (longer, more intact tuft from 
all angles, more white on flanks). Closest viewing is from the south side of 
West Roe Blvd. looking south from the bridge. It's worth noting that a fishing 
boat spooked a flock of Scaup from their usual location at the very south end 
of the lake along the north side of Holbrook Road, so it's likely they'll 
return to this spot.

If anyone follows up and gets decent photos I'd be grateful if you could send 
them along to me as this can be important in determining the number of Suffolk 
Tufteds we are dealing with.

Best,
Derek Rogers
Sayville


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to