As Sean predicted, Alexis Lameck and I saw 4 Cave Swallows at 7 AM today in the 
exact same location, the Coney Island boardwalk between 23rd and 24th Streets. 
They flew away, only to return a few minutes later, this time providing great 
looks at eye level as they flew into the space below the outdoor dining area of 
the senior center. They flew off again at 7:15 AM. When I left at 7:30, they 
had not returned, but it seems that this little flock has an affinity for this 
location.

Karlo Mirth
Forest Hills, NY
 
 
-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Sime <[email protected]>
To: nys birds <[email protected]>
Sent: Sat, Nov 14, 2015 5:55 pm
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Kings County Cave Swallow note



I was able to see and photograph the small group of Cave Swallows in Coney 
Island this afternoon between 4 and 4:30. It's worth mentioning the birds were 
thoroughly investigating underneath the decking of the senior center bordering 
the Coney Island boardwalk between 24th and 23rd streets. 
Just before I left I watched 4 birds fly under and only 2 come out. Although I 
didn't stay till dark if there are birders who weren't able to catch up with 
these birds today, first light at this location might be a good place to start 
tomorrow.


Cheers,


Sean Sime
Brooklyn, NY

--
        
NYSbirds-L List Info:
        
Welcome and Basics         
        
Rules and Information         
        
Subscribe, Configuration and Leave
        
Archives:
        
The Mail Archive
        
Surfbirds
        
BirdingOnThe.Net
        
Please submit your observations to eBird!
        
--


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to