I had to stop at my office 49/Madison before heading down to Dead & Co. at MSG 
thought I'd stop and look for Virginia rail no luck but at 430 pm in front of 
110 W 49 in same grouping of plantings just further west, I saw a song sparrow, 
catbird, male E. Towhee and a thrush which I am quite sure was Bicknell's. Now 
I suck at differentiating these thrushes and of course it was not singing but 
tail seemed much redder than grey cheek or Swainson's. No idea when each 
migrates. Who knew; quite the spot. Maybe John Mayer will sing birdsong
Tonight. As an aside I then walked south through Times Sq. Wtf. Why would 
anyone go there. Ever. Good birding in strange places if you look at it right

L. Trachtenberg
Ossining.
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 30, 2015, at 6:44 PM, Ben Cacace 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

I just received a note from Evan Cutler 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> that he's spotted a 
Virginia Rail, last seen tonight just before 6:30pm, in the shrubbery on the 
northwest corner of 6th Ave. and 49th St. across from 30 Rockefeller Center (30 
Rock). It appears to be healthy and feeding in the patch.

This is the wiki page developed for the shared location 'East Side of 1251 6th 
Ave.; 49th-50th St., Manhattan' which has had its share of good birds:

http://ebirding-nys.wikispaces.com/East+Side+of+1251+6th+Ave.%3B+49th-50th+St.%2C+Manhattan

It's probably the yahoo account that is bouncing his posts to the lists.

Ben Cacace posting for Evan Cutler.
--
NYSbirds-L List Info:
Welcome and Basics<http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME>
Rules and Information<http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES>
Subscribe, Configuration and 
Leave<http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm>
Archives:
The Mail 
Archive<http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html>
Surfbirds<http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L>
BirdingOnThe.Net<http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html>
Please submit your observations to eBird<http://ebird.org/content/ebird/>!
--

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to