New York City Audubon is looking for volunteers to participate in a citizen science project.
The project is the Harbor Herons Foraging Study. Volunteers will be assigned to a park for the season. After this, volunteers will go to their park periodically, count wading birds (herons, egrets, ibises), record habitat and environmental conditions, and then enter their observations into an online database. This is part of an ongoing study that started in 2009. More information is online at our partner New Jersey Audubon's site here: http://www.njaudubon.org/SectionCitizenScience/HarborHeronSurveys.aspx and here: http://www.njaudubon.org/SectionCitizenScience/CitizenScienceMaterials.aspx I am the project coordinator for the study. I can answer any questions about the project online ([email protected]) or I can be reached by phone at 347-827-8163. There will be a training and orientation session 6:00pm May 4th at the NYC Audubon Office. Attendance is not required, but is recommended. RSVP as space is limited. -- Joseph O'Sullivan, Foraging Study Project Manager NYC Audubon 347-827-8163 -- NYSbirds-L List Info: http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm ARCHIVES: 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html 2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L 3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html Please submit your observations to eBird: http://ebird.org/content/ebird/ --
