This morning, at Jones Beach Coast Guard Station, a count of 11 PIPING
PLOVERS were the highlights there. Later at West End II, the continuing
immature NORTHERN GOSHAWK put in a brief appearance. More interestingly
though about 45 minutes later after leaving, I had what could have been a
second GOSHAWK (?), also immature, this one on the Parkway just past the
Jones Toll Booth.

Back in Queens, thanks to some timely encouragement from one, Danny Melore,
I stopped at the Forest Park Waterhole and ticked a Common Redpoll without
the long wait I heard some others had endured. I also did some scouting
around the area that we are looking to spruce up on April 25th. The
responses have NOT been overwhelming thus far. I do hope folks consider
coming out for this cleanup event; especially, those who frequent the area.

Moving onto the evening, at Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge, I assisted with an
NPS led Woodcock walk. We had several Woodcocks (conservatively 6) but the
flight was short and not as sustained as some would have liked.

Best,

-- 
風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain
Sun Tzu <http://refspace.com/quotes/Sun_Tzu>  *The Art of War*
<http://refspace.com/quotes/The_Art_of_War>

(\__/)
(= '.'=)

(") _ (")


Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to