Late this morning I visited Sunken Meadow State Park at low tide to check out 
the shorebird situation on the exposed flats of the upper creek, west of the 
entrance road bridge. I found a modest mix of 6 species, dominated by ~400 
Semipalmated Sandpipers. The other 5 species were Least Sandpiper (6 - 2 
adults, 4 juveniles), Semipalmated Plover (8), Lesser Yellowlegs (7), Spotted 
Sandpiper (2),
and Killdeer (2). An immature Peregrine put the shorebirds up once, but they 
eventually resettled. The flocks ranged around the flats on their own too, from 
as close as 25 ft. out to 200 yards. When the birds were close I spotted one 
Semi Sandpiper that wore a USFW band on its right leg and a green leg flag 
marked 56E on it's left. From the photos I took the band appears to bear the 
numbers 0571 over 4647.
I'll submit this info to the bird banding lab to find out where the bird was 
captured. 

John Gluth

Sent from my iPhone

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to