Here is a video taken with my iPhone of our rattlesnake encounter.

I chickened out and left.

https://home.bway.net/lewis/birds/rattle.m4v




Bob Lewis
Sleepy Hollow NY

________________________________
 

>
> Rick Cech
>
> P.S. One time a few years back a female birder was squatting for a
> moment off the trail and found herself right on top of one of the snakes
> (no problem experienced, other than the shock).
>
> I was photographing one of the pair a few years back and was surprised
> that when I heard the rattle I didn’t see it in my viewfinder. That’s
> because the other member of the senior pair was about 5’ off my left
> foot, perhaps displeased he/she wasn’t included in the photo. (Again, no
> ill effects.)
>
> *From:*[email protected]
> <mailto:[email protected]>
> [mailto:[email protected]] *On Behalf Of
> *Claudia Peretti
> *Sent:* Monday, May 26, 2014 10:01 AM
> *To:* 'Robert Lewis'; 'NYSBirds'
> *Subject:* RE: [nysbirds-l] Rattlesnake at Doodletown
>
> Re: Doodletown:  A yard-long Timber Rattlesnake was seen by both the AE
> Mearns Bird Club and the Linnaean Society of NYC on Saturday in late
> morning.  It was on the edge of the walking path to Herbert Cemetery. We
> also saw 19 species of warblers, Kentucky was a good one and a total of
> 71 species at Doodletown and Iona Island.  Good Birding!  Claudia Perretti
>
> *From:*[email protected]
> <mailto:[email protected]>
> [mailto:[email protected]] *On Behalf Of *Robert
> Lewis
> *Sent:* Sunday, May 25, 2014 8:30 PM
> *To:* NYSBirds
> *Subject:* Re:[nysbirds-l] Rattlesnake at Doodletown
>
> Doodletown Road is a famous birding spot in northern Rockland County.
>
> I was there around 5:00 pm and ran into a rattlesnake just along the
> main path.  I and two other people heard its "rattle", which was more
> like a buzz.  This was about 75% of the way up to the top, just past the
> sign for "Gray House."
>
> I took a video, which I may be able to upload soon.
>
> Beware.
>
> Bob Lewis
>
> Sleepy Hollow NY
>
> --
>

--
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to