I encountered Tom Fiore at Van Cortlandt Park this afternoon and as he said
things were fairly quiet, however, after leaving Tom at the south end of the
marsh I headed for Vault Hill in search of some early butterflies he had
found there. On the south side of the hill, just a little below the "vault",
I encountered a single male Eastern Bluebird. On the top of the hill I found
one Mourning Cloak about where Tom had encountered one earlier. 

In the morning, I had birded Inwood Hill Park in northern Manhattan and
found it also very quiet.

Joe DiCostanzo
www.greatgullisland.org
www.inwoodbirder.blogspot.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Thomas Fiore
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2014 9:22 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [nysbirds-l] (not much) Bronx Co. 3/22

A return look at Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx (N.Y. City) this Sat.  
afternoon (3/22) found little of great note & almost none of the species I
noted there the day before, except for some Rusty Blackbirds again by the
marsh south of the main golf course green. The lake, which is now ice-free,
had a few more Hooded Mergansers but on the Parade Ground, no geese or other
birds of note... a windy day, & perhaps a night prior with some onward
movement. A late p.m. look at Swindler Cove park (northern Manhattan)
revealed little of note.

spring hopes eternal.

good birding,

Tom Fiore
Manhattan

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to