That's what they are! They winter commonly on LI, especially where there is
bayberry.

Hugh


On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 5:35 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

> I took a brief trip to the Jones Beach coast guard station early Saturday
> (2/1) and saw what I believe to be several (5+) Yellow-rumper Myrtle
> Warblers.  I've seen these guys late into the Fall but is it unusual to see
> them at this time of year? From what i've read they generally overwinter
> further south and this would be above the northern limit of their range in
> early February.  I've posted a photo below as I may be incorrect with the
> ID.  Any comments would be helpful. Thanks
>
> -David M
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/116320340@N03/12295198453/
> --
> *NYSbirds-L List Info:*
> Welcome and Basics <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME>
> Rules and Information <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES>
> Subscribe, Configuration and 
> Leave<http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm>
> *Archives:*
> The Mail 
> Archive<http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html>
> Surfbirds <http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L>
> BirdingOnThe.Net <http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html>
> *Please submit your observations to **eBird*<http://ebird.org/content/ebird/>
> *!*
> --
>



-- 
Hugh McGuinness
Washington, D.C.

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to