I had an all too short but good look at the Gyrfalcon on the wing by Tobay Beach, as it flew west ~noon on Saturday the 18th.

It appears to be covering a very wide area, and its moving about may be influenced by harassment from Peregrines. Also, vantage points are very limited given the amount of habitat. Search via small boat would be the most productive method if one were available.

Arie Gilbert
North Babylon, NY



On 1/22/2014 6:24 PM, Cesar Castillo wrote:
I attempted to see it on Saturday Morning and no luck. I also spoke to one of the homeowners at Gilgo Beach who said he last saw it 2 weeks ago on his neighbor's porch.  I guess the osprey platforms are not the only good perching areas.


On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:09 PM, John Zucker <[email protected]> wrote:
I haven't seen any recent reports concerning the Gilgo Beach - Cedar Beach gyrfalcon.  Has anyone successfully seen it or unsuccessfully attempted to see it over the last week?  Thanks.

John Z
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--


--
NYSbirds-L List Info:
Archives:
Please submit your observations to eBird!
--

--
NYSbirds-L List Info:
Archives:
Please submit your observations to eBird!
--


Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4259 / Virus Database: 3681/7025 - Release Date: 01/22/14

Reply via email to