The King Eiders at Shinnecock continues with 3 females and 2 immature
males observed this morning.   4 of the 5 were observed on the
Oceanside with the other, an immature male in the inlet providing
excellent views.

In the same area a drake Redhead was observed in a mixed raft of
Greater and Lesser Scaup (mostly Greater).  Most of these birds were
viewed with other birders and photographers that included Ann Lazarus,
Ken Gale, Edith, Lloyd Spitalnik, Harry Mass and others.

Earlier at the Ponquogue Bridge, I had nice looks at 2 drake
Canvasback Ducks thanks to Suzi Stewart and Sally Newbert.  In the
same area I found a Red-necked Grebe and was able to return the
kindness shown by Suzi and Sally.

In addition to some of the "usual suspects" expected on Dune Road.
Near "Lane K", I had a flyover Rough-legged Hawk.

I did not have enough time to check for all the other good birds
reported in the area but hopefully they are still around.

"Traffic Study, You Say"?

Cheers!

Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device!

Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to