From: Ken McDermott
Date: Jan 7, 2014 8:25:13 PM
Subject: REDHEADS
 
 
 NO, not Lucille Ball!   But at 2:30pm today I stopped by Torches parking lot on the Hudson in Newburgh and 50 yards out I had a small flotilla of 11 Redhead ducks, ALL of them drakes!   That beats my old all-time high count of 6 for the county seen in Nov. 1979 by a mile.  Several calls went out and I hastened off to a doctors appointment.  When I returned almost 2 hours later I did find John Haas and Jeff Goulding but the Redheads were no where to be seen.  The Hudson is NOT usually one of the favored places for these ducks but I suspect that all inland lakes and ponds are now frozen and they had to go someplace. On second thought they may have headed to FL.!
 
Good Birding,
 
Ken McDermott

--
NYSbirds-L List Info:
Welcome and Basics
Rules and Information
Subscribe, Configuration and Leave
Archives:
The Mail Archive
Surfbirds
BirdingOnThe.Net
Please submit your observations to eBird!
--

Reply via email to