The following should have been posted yesterday...sorry !
Upon arriving at Fire Island on Sat. (10/26), I was greeted by the
resident pair of adult Peregrine Falcons atop the Water Tower. These birds
were gone when I left F.I., and when I past the Jones Beach W.T. later in
the day, seeing a pair of this species on this tower, I wondered if anyone
knows for sure, by taking the time to prove, that they are not the same
pair ? Unlike the day before with n/w winds, the raptors counted at the
hawk watch today were few, due primarily to the w x s/w winds.
En-route to J.B., a stop at Gilgo produced a Gray -cheeked Thrush, 2 Hermit
Thrushes, 2 E.Phoebes and a Palm Warbler, as well as numerous Yellow-rumped
Warblers and many of the common sparrows. The winds that frustrated the
" Hawk Watchers" a few miles to the east, delighted the ~ 15 "Para-Sailors",
who were getting fantastic rides in both the ocean and the bay, at or near
Gilgo Beach.
Cheers,
Bob
&
1 Grey-cheeked and 2 He,ils" !
--
NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm
ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
--