Following up on Bob's amazing find. The bird flew in and was near a Ring-billed 
Gull, bathed briefly, then flew off, according to Bob - I didn't see it. I got 
there about 11:45 and there were no gulls there. We checked out nearby Wantagh 
Park, and a small canal access on nearby Beverly Road, where there were 6 Monk 
Parakeets. I then checked Mill Pond again, the Jones beach fishing piers, WE2 - 
2 Bonaparte's gulls-, and the field 6 parking lot, but no luck
 
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 11:06:55 -0400
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Sabine's Gull
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]

Just had an adult winter plummaged Sabine's Gull at Mill Pond, Merrick Rd. 
Wantagh. Sat in the water for a minute or two, then took off south.

Robert Proniewych


--
        NYSbirds-L List Info:
        Welcome and Basics         
        Rules and Information         
        Subscribe, Configuration and Leave
        Archives:
        The Mail Archive
        Surfbirds
        BirdingOnThe.Net
        Please submit your observations to eBird!
        --                                        
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to