There were signs of a change in the birds here overnight.  I was planning
to take a day off from birding today but as I was trying to make breakfast,
my sausage-and-eggs preparation was interrupted three times as I had to get
the binocs to scan through the birds that were flitting around the yard.
(note to self: don't leave the gas on under the frying pan after going in
the yard with binocs).  After finally finishing breakfast, I took a stroll
through Twin Lakes county park in Eastchester. Activity was good there too,
with nice numbers of the 10 commonest warbler species, with Black-throated
greens being the most numerous. Of most interest, I had 12 Yellow-rumpeds
and 4 Palm warblers, which I haven't seen here in Westchester yet this
fall.  Also saw 4 Blue-headed vireos, which I haven't seen since spring.

Greg Prelich

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to