Thought I should make people aware that there are some escaped Long-tailed 
Paradise Whydahs on the loose in Kissena Park, Queens, NY.

Just an FYI, so these don't cause heartbeats to skip. I imagine that some 
amount of various cage bird escapees are fairly regular in the NYC area?

Good birding…!

Sincerely,
Chris T-H

From: Gary Kornfeld [mailto:[email protected]<http://yahoo.com>]
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2013 9:01 PM
Subject: A bird I saw in Kissena Park, Queens, NY

Hello,

I have attached a photo of a bird I saw in Kissena Park, Queens New York. There 
were a few of them and I have never seen a bird like it. After searching bird 
sites for what seemed an interminable amount of time, I still have no answer.

I attach this photo of the bird, and hopefully you can tell me what kind of 
bird it is and some things about it.

I really do appreciate anything you can do for me.

Thank you,

Gary Kornfeld


--
Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes
Field Applications Engineer
Bioacoustics Research Program, Cornell Lab of Ornithology
159 Sapsucker Woods Road, Ithaca, New York 14850
W: 607-254-2418   M: 607-351-5740   F: 607-254-1132
http://www.birds.cornell.edu/brp


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to