A good three hours of counting Geese on the Parade Grounds at Van Cortlandt
Park in the Bronx did not materialize the prized *BARNACLE GOOSE*.  Joined
by Lynne Hertzog, I along with Lynne sifted through the flock but could not
find the BRNG.  After Lynne departed, I continued my vigil as Geese kept
arriving intermittently.  When I left (around 10:45 a.m.), the flock of
Canada's were estimated at around 1500 minus the BRNG and no Cackling
either.  Highlights from Van Cortlandt included *RUSTY BLACKBIRD* including
one in interesting plumage for this time of the year.  My thanks to Issac
Grant, Shai Mitra and Doug Futumya who tolerated my quest for discussion on
the said plumage.

Later on in Queens, I connected with an *ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER* + a *LINCLON
SPARROW *at Kissena Park.  Some photos are posted here
<http://birdingdude.blogspot.com/2013/01/1-4-12-bronx-and-queens-birding.html>-



Andrew Baksh
Queens, NY
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to