I looked unsuccessfully for the Virginia's Warbler from 7 AM till 2 PM. I
focused my efforts around the kettle, especially the southern half of that
feature. From the information I've seen, that seems to be the area where the
bird has been seen most often. But, it's a small elusive bird with a
relatively large area for it to wander around in. 

 

On and off, through the day, there were also about a dozen other birders
looking for it, and as far as I know, none had seen it either.

 

A few "Chip" notes gave some of us an occasional bit of false hope. Despite
intensive peering into the impenetrably dense understory tangles, no warbler
showed. 

 

Another day - maybe.

 

Rich Guthrie

New Baltimore

The Greene County,

New York


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to