The Kentucky Warbler was seen and heard at 0830 today. I then took advantage of 
the beautiful weather and went off for an hour trail run and upon my return the 
bird sang from a perch 10 ft above the trail. And so without my glasses nor my 
binocs I was treated to the best view of the day!  The DEC parking lot is on 
the south side of the Rte 25A bypass, 0.1 miles east of the junction (traffic 
light) with Veterans Way. Head due south on the wide dirt path. My close 
encounter occurred about 150 yards along this path. Earlier it was singing on 
the east side of the path.(During a lull in traffic I heard the bird from the 
parking lot!). There is a bike path that heads east a bit farther along which 
might get you closer to the bird. For those of you not familiar with the these 
woods, I heartily recommend it, the area around the DEC lot 0.5 miles west is 
always worth a visit (except fot the ticks). Great find Richard!
 
Kathryn Klecan
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to