The Brooklyn Bird Club was contacted online by reporter Lisa Foderaro of the NY Times on actual witnesses RE fishing lines and hooks entangling and injuring birds/waterfowl. If you witnessed such an incidents , please contact Lisa offline ( not me ) . Thanks . Her contact info is below in her email note. Peter BBC From: "Foderaro, Lisa" <[email protected]> To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]> Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 13:03:17 -0500 Subject: question for NY Times story about bird injuries...
...as a result of discarded fishing line and hooks. Hi-- I'm a reporter for the Times and I cover parks and widlife for the Metro section. I'm working on a story about ducks and other waterfowl getting tangled in fishing line or injured by hooks, which has been a problem in Prospect Park. But I'm trying to see if there is evidence of this anywhere else...say, Jamaica Bay? Could someone from your group please call me? Thanks very much, Lisa Lisa W. Foderaro The New York Times 212-556-1659 [email protected]_ (mailto:[email protected]) -- NYSbirds-L List Info: http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm ARCHIVES: 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html 2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L 3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html Please submit your observations to eBird: http://ebird.org/content/ebird/ --
