Well, I don't where I'm birding next, but I know where I birded last - and I
crossed paths with another pelican. Since I got home very late yesterday and
no one else posted Cupsogue results for 9/4, I'll put it on the record that
an immature BROWN PELICAN flew over the flats. 3 CASPIAN TERNS highlighted
the tern showing that included 1 Black and about 7 Royals. The Marbled
Godwits were spread out, but it would seem most of the previously reported
ones were still there. 

 

After that, I tracked down Patrick Santinello's Am. Golden Plover in
Eastport. Then it was September specialty insects Leonard's Skipper,
Saffron-winged Meadowhawk, Mottled Darner, and Spotted Spreadwing. Finally,
it was mothing with Patrick which included a Packard's Lichen Moth, a lifer
for me. That's a fun part of the island.

 

Steve Walter

Bayside, NY


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to