First, Andrew, thank you for your post. Secondly, this topic has been raised 
many times before.  Many subscribers enjoy posting relatively casual 
observations to the list and many of these observations have resulted in 
interesting dialog that has been informative to others.  It seems that it is 
indicated that perhaps two lists are appropriate.  One to which casual 
observations could be posted and another where the "elite" birders can obtain 
only information which is of interest to them.  Of course I'm sure they would 
never result to checking the other list, nor subscribe to it.  I am also 
certain they would never show up to see any of the wonderful rarities that 
would result from that site. I for one would subscribe to that site and not the 
"elite" site.  I think people really need to learn how to hit the delete key 
and chime in on topics that are of interest to them rather than waste there own 
time criticizing others.  John Haas

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to